Friday 7 March 2014

Just a quick one, and then back to work, I promise


Oatmeal, again of course,but it's always good, especially this one was. And I know it was like a late brunch, but who cares? Breakfast is good anytime of the day.



So, oatmeal. You heat a tiny pot on the stove, add a tablespoon or so of butter, let it melt and then add your oats. You stir for 2-3 minutes and then take a good whiff. It smells so good. Then you add some water and some milk, so that the liquids kind of cover the oats. Stir, lower the heat, put a lid on it.
Come back to it once every minute, stir, add some vanilla extract. Or cinnamon, whatever you desire. After five minutes of looking after it, it should be done. Transfer into bowl, add some milk, stir.
That's standard.
I next added sunflower seeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds. Then I added vanilla sauce I got from Lidl- I love that stuff, and then a handful of forest fruits.
It was the best breakfast I had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment