Tuesday 1 April 2014

Buckwheat(hrisca) two ways

{raw / toasted}

I initially wanted to do this granola recipe, for ready made glorious breakfasts. I bought the darker  grain and found out it wasn't right for what I wanted to do. I found the raw one at Auchan, very cheap and convenient while the toasted one at a healthy foods store.

 {dry ingredients for the granola}

{result}

I'm pleased with the results, it tastes great, although it may not look like the one in the original recipe.
 {measured}

{salad + fried egg}

 {finished}

After cooking the buckwheat like this, I just chopped some veggies at roughly the same size, some feta cheese, defrosted peas, whatever you got basically, add salt, pepper, a spruce of vinegar and you're ready to go. It's a great weekday lunch, alone, or with a fried egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment